Thursday, December 31, 2020

Out with the old, and... in with the old?

New Years Eve!  I'm sure everything will be magically different once it's officially 2021, right?  As optimistic as I'd like to be, I'm bracing myself for more of the same, and at least from a climbing standpoint I guess that's not entirely a bad thing.


I still haven't ventured into the gym since sometime in early March, and probably won't for a while still.  I'm still climbing more on my deck than anywhere else, but for the past couple months I've gotten back to getting out bouldering at least once a week most of the time.  Mostly local, and to places where I'm not likely to be around other people if I can help it, but at least it's consistent.  While I haven't really climbed much that I haven't already climbed before, it's been fun having the chance to revisit some old favorites.  It's also been interesting to get out when my strength is shifted more to overhung compression than the thin slab I spent so long gravitating toward.

Who knows where my climbing will be in a few weeks, a few months, or a year from now?  Honestly I'm not all that worried about it.  With so much changing so fast, I find myself in a position where I don't take it as much for granted as I now realize I did, and aside from the fact that I really miss climbing with my friends as much as I used to, I think I'm enjoying being out on the rocks more than I have in a long time.

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment