It's fitting that ideal bouldering weather is also ideal baking weather, since bouldering and cookies are one of the best pairings I've ever found. I still don't know nearly as much about the ins and outs of baking as I do about other types of cooking, but Skratch Labs' cookie mix gave me a great jumping off point, and the 4CA (coffee, cinnamon, coconut, chocolate, almond) cookies I make with it are my favorite. Given the amount of requests I get for the recipe when I've brought them to demos or out climbing, I figured it was time to write it down.
1 box Skratch Labs cookie mix
1 stick butter
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup almonds
1 tbsp coffee
1 tbsp cinnamon (I prefer Vietnamese cinnamon)
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Crush almonds or grind them in a food processor.
3) Combine all ingredients except butter and egg. Mix until evenly distributed.
4) Add the butter and egg, and continue mixing until all of the dough sticks together
5) Place rounded teaspoons of dough on baking sheet for individual cookies, or press it into a rectangle on the baking sheet for cookie bars.
6) Bake 10-15 minutes for individual cookies, or 15-25 minutes for bars, depending on desired firmness.
7) Share them with your friends!