Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bushwhack 1/29/12

Last Sunday I ended up getting another unexpected day at Bushwhack, complete with unexpected friends.  Convinced that it was going to be a gym day due to low temps, I was happy to find myself instead out on the rocks with my mom, soon to be joined by Todd Hill and his son Drew.  They also brought our friend Kerri Isenstadt, who brought her shoes along in case someone talked her into her first outdoor bouldering experience.  And we did!


Kerri spent most of her time, however, putting her considerable photography skills to work, and it's my great pleasure to share some of the photos here.  All photos that follow are hers unless noted otherwise.

The group started the day on the Bird boulder, taking the usual slabby laps up That's not a Woodpecker on the right side.  We then followed my mom up Knights who Say "Knee!" on the left side, taking care to avoid the crystals that bit her on her first ascent.  Some of us also went up Lark Ascending, starting at the same spot on the left and following the sloper rail up to a right topout.






Wanting something a bit more overhung, we walked up toward the Main Wall, first climbing the Rattleflake Roof...




And then moving to a short overhung boulder that became Drew's project for the day, soon to be finished as Le Petit Drew...





That project complete, we all played around on several variations of the long low roof a few feet away...










Drew found some more lowball action...


Meanwhile my mom decided it was time for something a bit taller...








I made a stop at the Tourette's boulder for Rise and Shine and Tourette's Tantrum...





Then after another quick visit to the slab, where Kerri finally shoed up, I stopped on the way out to blow the last of my energy on Stank, Stunk! and Westermarck Effect before we lost what light remained.





I still have a bunch of video that I need to edit together, and will get that posted as soon as I figure out what to do with it.  Thanks to Kerri for all the great photos, and to everyone else for a fun day of climbing!






                                                                            Photo: Todd Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment